We just finished today’s edition of SistersTalk Radio. Our guest was Lisa C. Moore, founder of RedBone Press and editor of the book does your mama know? – An Anthology of Black Lesbian Coming Out Stories. RedBone Press publishes work that celebrates the culture of black lesbians and gay men and further promotes understanding between black gays and lesbians and the black mainstream.
* How she chose the name Redbone Press
* Her coming out story
* Where the idea for does your mama know? came from?
* Her video documentary sassy b. gonn: Searching for Black Lesbian Elders
* The Fire & Ink writers festival for LGBT people of African descent
* Her Observations about homophobia in the black mainstream community
* Her take on how the black community has responded to the gay marriage issue
* Her favorite authors
* Advice for new writers who are trying to get published
* Her upcoming projects
Join us next Sunday when we talk to out R&B singer, songwriter and minister Tim Dillinger.